I write speculative fiction and I am represented by Sally Harding of The Cooke Agency.
I was nominated for the John W Campbell Award for Best New Writer (2012). My first novel (fantasy) Redemption in Indigo won the Frank Collymore Literary Award for 2008 and was published by Small Beer Press in 2010 and by Jo Fletcher Books (Quercus) in 2012. It won the 2011 William L. Crawford Award, the 2011 Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Adult Literature, the 2010 Carl Brandon Parallax Award and the 2012 Golden Tentacle (The Kitschies, Best Debut Novel), and was nominated for a World Fantasy Award in 2011. My second novel (science fiction) The Best of All Possible Worlds won the Frank Collymore Literary Award for 2009 and was published in 2013 by Jo Fletcher Books/Quercus in the UK and by Del Rey/Random House in the US. A Spanish translation was also published in 2013 by RBA Libros and an audiobook by Audible. German rights have been sold to Heyne Verlag.
My non-fiction publications are listed here.
- Interview with Rhiannon Brown on Radio National, ABC, Australia
- The Forum, What if …? Moderated by Bridget Kendall, with Barbara Sahakian and Michio Kaku on the BBC World Service.
- Conversations with Richard Fidler (Radio interview, ABC, Australia)
- Interview with Gavin Grant at BookPage
- The Spaces Between the Words: Conversations with Writers (a podcast series affiliated with the Literatures in English section at The University of the West Indies, St Augustine Campus and The Caribbean Review of Books)
- Campbell Award finalists, interviews by Jim C. Hines
- Nalo Hopkinson and Karen Lord in Conversation (Locus Roundtable Podcast with Karen Burnham)
- Podcast with Charles Tan (the Bibliophile Stalker)
- Interview with Chesya Burke at the World SF Blog
- In conversation with Karen Burnham (Locus Roundtable Podcast)
- Dual Reality: Excerpts from an interview in Locus Magazine, August 2011